Subject: Re: two more bugs perry doesn't want to admit exists
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/24/2001 02:49:53
Darren Reed wrote:
> #1.
> using UNPRIVED=1 in /etc/mk.conf results in this with a r-o src, despite
> setting all the directory flags with build.sh
>
> nbinstall: open /data3/netbsd/src/METALOG: Read-only file system
>
> (perry doesn't think this is a problem...and insists that I'm not using
>  a "root objdir")

  The problem occurs if obj root directory (build.sh -O option)
doesn't exist prior to starting build.sh, because $_SRC_TOP_OBJ_ is
set in bsd.own.mk before running objdir (thus before it would be
created) via ${PRINTOBJDIR} in $_SRC_TOP_ (the top of the source
tree).  The value thus set is retained throughout the build.

  I see three solutions:

  1) The requirement that the top of the obj root directory (build.sh
-O option) exists prior to running build.sh should be documented,

  2) build.sh ensures it's existance, or

  3) the logic in bsd.own.mk is changed.

						yours,
						dillo