Subject: Re: CVS commit: sharesrc/share/mk
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/13/2001 20:09:03
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Bill Studenmund wrote:

: Have we ever done a major compiler update on a release branch? I don't
: think so, but want to check.

We've done at least an rpcgen update on a branch, as well as added things
to make(1); I'd need to check to find others.

: So what will happen when someone has 1.6, and goes to build 1-6-release?

In the default case, with a full tree, the tools will build first.  I don't
see a reason to have different behavior for release branches.

This is, indeed, new behavior.  However, it is documented, with the reason
for it being that way.  The option to disable this behavior is also
documented.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/