Subject: Re: Autoconf for toolchain "replacement library"?
To: James Chacon <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/13/2001 16:39:55
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, James Chacon wrote:

: You can't go halfway. Having something which requires a regen in the tree
: without also providing the tools to do the regen is just insane.

Not necessarily insane, but I can agree that it's hairy.  `I'll get back to

(Autoconf appears to require only a few GNUisms in m4.  I may be able to
emulate enough to make gm4 unnecessary.  If this is possible, autoconf would
be imported minimally under src/tools, and would not be built/installed to
TOOLDIR by default -- it would have to be built manually.)

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --