Subject: Re: mtree
To: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/08/2001 22:38:26
On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 01:39:03PM -0500, James Chacon wrote:
> This is not unusual. There are whole sections of the tree that require boot
> strapping of current libs/includes before they'll build on older systems.
>
> I suggest reading through the build docs and UPDATING.
>
> James

Uhm I thought the new toolchain should remove this pain and
make updating/tracking current easier because it builds
clean and up-to-date stuff itself for building the world etc ?

btw, I stumble over the rmd160file (in mtree) , too, but it's
not mentioned in UPDATING either.

just was cvs updating and give it another try, you never know -
but I know I don't know what to do to get the new mtree done
if it keeps failing ;)

Martin