Subject: Re: New possibility to move "obj" logic *out* of make(1)
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/31/2001 11:13:50
On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Christos Zoulas wrote:

: Part of the OBJDIR magic is to implicitly add .CURDIR in the search path.
: I supposed it could be done with .PATH statements, but it ends up being
: messy very quickly. I don't know, try it out.

I know.  As part of the changes to support .OBJDIR:, this was changed to
explicitly adding .CURDIR to the search path.

This currently may cause a double lookup in .CURDIR if objdirs don't exist,
which is a miniscule performance hit.  However, I have some partially done
changes that can be finished and rolled in, if desired, which search objdir
(not ".") followed by curdir only if they are not identical.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/