Subject: Re: CVS commit: sharesrc/share/mk
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Perry E. Metzger <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/29/2001 16:15:52
Todd Vierling <> writes:
> : I would very much like this for another reason. I need a directory to
> : throw the metadata log for non-root builds into, and such a directory
> : (or its objdir) would be perfect for such a purpose.
> Actually, a top-level objdir (not the default TOOLDIR underneath it) would
> probably be most appropriate here.

Yes, except that there isn't a good way to put an objdir in a non-leaf
directory in an instance like this. It would require more Makefile
hacking than would be nice. (I know, I looked at doing it this

A directory to throw this stuff in and also give me a place to deal
with some of the other temp files generated during snapshot
construction would be much appreciated. Failing having them here, I
might create a directory for it in src/distrib

> I've added a bulleted to-do item to turn on metadata logging automatically
> if UNPRIVILEGED is set at the top level.

I've already done all of that work and a lot more.

I'd like to change UNPRIVILEGED to UNPRIVED, btw. It's too long to type.

Perry E. Metzger
NetBSD Development, Support & CDs.