Subject: Re: PowerPC switching to new toolchain?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/23/2001 19:39:27
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

: What is currently holding back the PowerPC target from swithing to
: the new toolchain?

Simply verifying usability of all components.  I don't personally have a
powerpc box of any kind, so I cannot vouch for it.  Since it seems more than
one powerpc platform is perfectly happy using it for kernels, I'll presume
at this point that it would not cause kernels to be unbootable[*].

[*] Although I'd like extra verification that ofwboot.xcf (the XCOFF-frobbed
    version) on macppc can be compiled properly with the new toolchain.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/