Subject: Re: build.sh issues.
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/21/2001 09:30:52
On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 11:10:21AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:

 > Er, I take that back; don't worry about this one.  I'll add a "-a" option,
 > not required, that will override the internal "default" logic for
 > MACHINE_ARCH.

Actually... I don't think I like the current logic that's there... In
particular, I don't like the default case.  Rather than setting
MACHINE_ARCH to MACHINE, I think you should explicitly enumerate all
the MACHINE combos, and generate an error message for the default case.
This seems a lot less error prone in the face of someone adding a new
port.