Subject: Re: mklocale and the new toolchain
To: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/17/2001 13:28:40
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, James Chacon wrote:

: Ok, so I don't use HOST_TOOLCHAIN..I could use MAKE_BOOTSTRAP since that's
: the convention make/config already use. In any case ifdef'ing out sections
: of code so pieces of this build on foreign platforms is exactly the convention
: already in place. I just used a different define here to make it obvious what's
: going on. Neither file I've touched in this way has any external scope into
: userland directly (i.e. runetype.h doesn't get installed into /usr/include).

In the case of mklocale, it really shouldn't be this difficult.  A program
properly written to use a static ABI regardless of host is the goal.  That
implies detaching from the internal libc headers, and making mklocale its
own self-contained entity, but should in the process *simplify* its code.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/