Subject: Re: USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN toolchain build not parallel-safe
To: Bill Sommerfeld <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/08/2001 18:42:13
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

: Now, if src/tools/toolchain needs to build, it blows up building
: libgcc2.a.  I have not attempted to investigate this yet..

I added some "-j1"s to src/toolchain/Makefile to prevent parallelism inside
the GNU makefiles (which doesn't completely work, and is a FSF-known bug).
Apparently ".NOTPARALLEL:" doesn't work as advertised -- -j options still
get passed on down the line when recursing.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --