Subject: Re: BFD/ld lossage on MIPS with NEW_TOOLCHAIN
To: None <>
From: Rafal Boni <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/08/2001 09:53:27
Just a follow up to all this -- with my latest patches and the BFD
patch I got a complete working NEW_TOOLCHAIN build on my Indigo2.  I'm
guessing that since the first patch to and the BFD patch pretty
much address the same problem things would work just with patches,
but I haven't had a chance to test that theory.

In message <>, I wrote:

-> Attached is a patch that both works around the change in binutils behaviour
-> (the change to reloc.c with the big block comment) and fixes the unresolved-
-> weak-symbols issue (the changes in arch/mips/mips_reloc.c and symbol.c).
-> I'd like to commit at least the fix for the weak symbol foo soon (the other
-> one merits more discussion, I think), and I'm heading on the road most of
-> next week, so quick feedback would be appreciated.
-> Thanks!
-> --rafal

Rafal Boni