Subject: Re: BFD/ld lossage on MIPS with NEW_TOOLCHAIN
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/08/2001 09:53:27
Just a follow up to all this -- with my latest ld.so patches and the BFD
patch I got a complete working NEW_TOOLCHAIN build on my Indigo2.  I'm
guessing that since the first patch to ld.so and the BFD patch pretty
much address the same problem things would work just with ld.so patches,
but I haven't had a chance to test that theory.

--rafal

In message <200110070358.XAA05427@doppelganger.waterside.net>, I wrote:

[...]
-> Attached is a patch that both works around the change in binutils behaviour
-> (the change to reloc.c with the big block comment) and fixes the unresolved-
-> weak-symbols issue (the changes in arch/mips/mips_reloc.c and symbol.c).
->
-> I'd like to commit at least the fix for the weak symbol foo soon (the other
-> one merits more discussion, I think), and I'm heading on the road most of
-> next week, so quick feedback would be appreciated.
->
-> Thanks!
-> --rafal
[...]