Subject: Re: Toolchain status list
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/05/2001 12:40:48
> - Fix automatic kernel builds from "make release" on some platforms

Which platforms are having issues? I can easily tackle this.

> - Finish top level make(1) bootstrap for vendor makes or old NetBSD make(1)
>
> - Fix pathnames that are invalid on Winblows (Cygwin) hosts ("aux",
>   "com1.c", etc.)
>
> - Create tools build procedure for other tools needed on non-NetBSD hosts
>   (and verify buildability on Cygwin, Solaris/x86, and Linux)

I've got crunchgen, crunchide, msgc and menuc done and will check that support
in shortly. Groff is the only other nasty one beyond locale issues that I saw.
To support non-native builds a primer probably also needs to be written
which lists dependencies (you need a C and C++ compiler, make, and posix
compatible userland, etc).

> - Create somewhat better strategy for "cleandir" in tools

It's not real obvious on how some of that works when I'd cleandir in a tool
and it would refuse to rebuild.

James