Subject: Re: ld(1) bug needs fixing or USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN turned off.
To: Frank van der Linden <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/02/2001 16:45:37
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Frank van der Linden wrote:

: > Right.  I have a fix I'm testing right now.  Just telling ld to treat it as
: > a native linker isn't right either, because it ends up pulling in other
: > (generic)  things that are definitely not appropriate.
: I was just talking about the script that generates eelf_i386.c,
: ( When that is passed the same ${host} (4th arg,
: which is now 'none') as ${target} (5th arg), it'll do the right thing.
: Plus 3 extra lines of C code, but surely that's not a problem :)

Actually, it's a problem in how it generates the *script*, not the C code.
I specifically set it up *not* to hard-code /usr/lib (and a couple other
things passed automatically by the gcc frontend) so that the scripts could
go in /usr/share and be usable for cross builds.

I'll have the more appropriate change committed shortly.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --