Subject: re: Normalizing kernel cross-build support, take 2
To: Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/15/2001 23:19:48
   On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 03:29:45PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
   [...]
   > + CPP?=		${TOOLPREFIX}cpp

   Should cpp still be given as a direct path, or should it be the
   output from `gcc -print-prog-name=cpp`? I ask because by default
   the pkgsrc cross/* packages don't seem to generate a cpp binary
   (or none that I've seen do.) This may be considered a pkgsrc
   problem, however.

   I vaguely recall some silliness with cpp in gcc 3.0 that's related,
   but that's even more afield of the question at head.

   (All those caveats said, I'm all for your patch.)

"what moof said."  anything that begins the process of merging the
kernel makefiles is a good thing :-)  the method of setting CPP above
is the only way i've been able to sanely cross build NetBSD.

.mrg.