Subject: re: Core file format
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/12/2001 12:23:12
   At 04:59 PM 9/11/2001 -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
   >Is there any compelling reason for us, on ELF targets, to stick with
   >our old a.out-based core format, and not switch to an ELF-based core
   >format?

   Not that I can see.  It seems stupid to have to defined MIDs for ELF
   only platforms.

how much extra work is this?  `netbsd-core' support is well supported by
the toolchain currently.  what are the gains?  i can see getting rid of
needing new MID's as being a good thing, but that seems fairly minor to
the effort required to port everything across (but the size of that effort
isn't well known, at least to me.)