Subject: Re: HEADS UP! New toolchain to be default on i386, sparc64
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/14/2001 17:56:45
On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Paul Goyette wrote:

: Any suggestions for what to set this to for a multi-architecture
: environment?  Any reason why we couldn't have a default?  Like maybe
: somewhere in the src/tools/obj.${arch} hierarchy?

Well, there's multiple problems to this.  I suggested in a post a few weeks
back that I'd make a default for TOOLDIR, but there turns out to be too many
people with RO or NFS `src', and there will be too many host platforms once
cross building is fully working (making running "uname" on the host
unpredictable), that it's better to force the builder to set this.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/