Subject: Re: sparc64-netbsd toolchain lossage :-(
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/14/2001 13:23:05
eeh@netbsd.org writes:
> Apparently, both the sparc32 code, and the new sparc64 ld do not
> generate the 4 reserved entries in the relocation table.  As far
> as I can tell, this violates the ELF spec, but is what the Sun
> linker does.
>
> So, how can we solve this problem?

You've omitted an option:

Assuming that's what the ELF spec actually mandates, you could
probably supply a patch to binutils to change the behaviour to match
the ABI, and have it accepted.

Of course, you'd have to provide a compatibility mechanism so that
the tools can generate binaries with the non-standard ABI (necessary
on some systems), but i wouldn't expect that'd be too hard.

cgd