Subject: Re: bin/13689: More stylish bin/csh
To: None <thoron@iki.fi>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/12/2001 03:47:42
Petri Koistinen <thoron@mb-u10ip031.mbnet.fi> writes:

>	Please, fetch patches for more stylish bin/csh. Take a look to patches
>	before merging. Patched csh compiles, but is not otherwise tested.

Aren't there subtle problems waiting wrt/ default type promotion
in standard C with old-style vs. new-style function definitions
(i.e., parameter list), especially when a prototype happens to be
missing (which could very well be in old stuff like csh etc.)? I'm
not actually a C language lawyer but I would be extremely careful
about bulk-updating entire source files to the Standard-C style.
Maybe someone could explain the issue (if there is any)? (Cc:'ied
to tech-toolchain, for the accumulated gcc expertise there...)

--mkb