Subject: re: our libstdc++.so.3 vs GCC 3.0
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/02/2001 02:56:03

   : so, i think we're screwed.
   :
   : GCC 3.0 defaults to building a shared libstdc++ on many platforms, and the
   : version number of this shlib is 3.  we unfortunately have called our
   : egcs 1.1.2-based libstdc++ .so.3, so this conflicts... it's quite annoying,
   : as programs linked against $gcc-prefix/lib/libstdc++.so runtime link with
   : /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3, unless explicit ld -rpath/LD_LIBRARY_PATH are used.

   You mean gcc doesn't use the -release libtool option like all those other
   braindead GNU projects do?

GCC doesn't use libtool or automake, only autoconf.