Subject: Re: compiler compiled with march=i686 appears broken?
To: Jim Bernard <jbernard@mines.edu>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/29/2001 13:58:55
On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 07:54:21PM -0600, Jim Bernard wrote:
> (I never got
> around to reporting back that I had conclusively determined that it was
> the compiler compiled with -march=pentiumpro that caused the breakage,
> though that was what I speculated in my last message in the thread.)
> Compiling the system with -march=pentium is OK, though, which is good
> enough for me for now (hopefully the upcoming toolchain upgrade will
> fix the problem).

So would a good idea be to disable march=i686,pentiumpro in the
gcc in the tree eg just ignore those flags and wait for the upgrade?
Sounds safer to have slow working code than the possibility of
making fast possibly erroneous code.

I'm progressing very slowly, and as you say, it's a bit pointless...

Cheers,

Patrick