Subject: Re: sparc64 / libstdc++ change...
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/14/2001 12:29:40

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 08:26:42AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:

> Your options are:=20
>  - install a newer toolchain snapshot and make sure your path prefers=20
>    /usr/local/bin over /usr/bin or remove the broken files from /usr/bin

I'm running -current, remember, and I've been using gcc 2.95.2 pretty
much since I started off with this sparc64.

>  - wait for the 1.5.1 sets to become available (hopefully soon), which
>    will contain a fixed "embedded" toolchain.

Hm? What have I missed, here? What toolchain will 1.5.1 use? I would
assume that a toolchain upgrade would hit -current first, and I figured
I'd have heard of it...? I'd be happy if I'm somehow running the wrong
toolchain and in fact nothing is broken... :P

     M a s o n   L o r i n g   B l i s s
awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;

Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see