Subject: Re: duplicate texinfo distribution?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/07/2001 09:56:23
Mutt made me believe that Todd Vierling wrote:
> The first one is the one we use for the texinfo built from
> src/gnu/usr.bin/texinfo.  The second one is used by (and required by) a
> build of a cross-toolchain environment from src/gnu/dist/toolchain.
>
> These are different entities with different purposes.

I see. I just don't understand why -- it's (nearly) the same
source. Why not just set the .PATH in the reach-over Makefiles to a
common directory? (Yeah, only one of them exists yet.)

I don't even care particularly which of the two we choose (though I'd
prefer gnu/usr.bin/texinfo because when I think 'texinfo' 'toolchain'
is not the first dir I go looking in).

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,