Subject: Re: make: absolute path for Makefile in errors.
To: Simon J. Gerraty <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/03/2001 17:06:46
>>> I don't follow, that was the point of my patch - ensuring you
>>> get the full path of the offending Makefile rather than an
>>> anonymous "Makefile".
>>I though you want to toss the absolute path and use just 'Makefile'
>No, that's what we have now - and makes it impossible to locate the offending

sort of...yeah.  did you give any thought to collapsing stuff like

or thereabouts (just as an example)?  what about a "verbose" output
mode that shows that some Makefile included that which
included that which included that thing over there which
included that thing which included the thing that had the problem?
kinda like gcc and warnings/errors.

just a thought...