Subject: Re: ELF and m68k
To: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/05/2000 09:30:47
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Steve Woodford wrote:

: The linker produces the warning only in a few cases, where the variable is
: declared uninitialised in one source/header file and declared initialised
: in another.

!!!!

To my knowledge, this is a violation of common sections -- if it's
initialized in one file, it should wind up in a data section (instead of a
common bss section) and cause the linker to fail.

These would, then, be bugs in *our source* that should be fixed.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/