Subject: Re: ksh lossage on sparc64
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/20/2000 12:48:55
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Martin Husemann wrote:

: What now happens on sparc64 is: the sigchld function modifies the struct
: pointed to by "j" in this loop, returns, thus waking up the sigsuspend a
: few lines below, continues to the "while" check and still has the old value
: of j->state in a register, checks against that and continues the loop one
: more time - thus blocking in "sigsuspend" again.

Which means that this is a bug in gcc, not a bug in the ksh code.

I'll see what I can find out about the codegen, and may submit a gcc PR.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *