Subject: sparc64 toolchain & NetBSD 1.5
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/09/2000 23:44:36
hi folks.

what should we do for the toolchain in NetBSD/sparc64 1.5 ?  the in-tree
egcs & binutils aren't useful for building complete working (dynamic)
programs.  egcs is so broken i disabled it building.  i'd like to do
the same to binutils/ld/gas, just to avoid the subtle bugs that come
from using the older (2.9*) binutils.

but all this means that the sparc64 port will have no compiler or the
most of rest of the toolchain.  the code in gnu/dist/toolchain is mostly
usable for sparc64 port today.  hopefully the build tree for this will
also appear soon... perhaps we can ship a copy of these sources/bins
(built on a 1.5 host, of course) with the sparc64 release?  i guess this
is like the situation NetBSD/alpha (and more?) used to be in...