Subject: Re: a patch for dynamic a.out support in binutils
To: None <fredette@alum.mit.edu>
From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/03/2000 19:05:48
Matthew Fredette wrote:

> There are certainly many other problems, but that's part of the reason
> why I'm releasing it now - to get some feedback.

For feedback,  I'd strongly encourage you to also post to the official
binutils list.  The sooner you do it the more likely it is that that you
changes will be quickly accepted into the mainline binutils.

I don't want to sound negative but, unless you start early on this, your
patches could unfortunatly end up on the scrap heap :-(  It might turn
out that how you've implemented things is tangental how things are
implemented in binutils - it probably isn't but you'll never know if you
don't ask.  I'd also strongly encourage you to start the ball rolling on
a GPL assignment.

Good luck!

	Andrew