Subject: Re: dl* functions on ELF platforms
To: None <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/01/2000 02:54:11
From: Todd Vierling <>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:45:15 -0500 (EST)

> : > Because the functions are needed to actually load ?
> : No, these "function interfaces" are not used to load
> Specifically, (ELF and a.out) has the actual implementations.  Since
> programs do not link to, there are indirection symbols in crt0.

Quite so.  However, dl* functions do not necessarily have to be defined
in crt0.o .  They may be defined in libc, too.  On the other hand,
I pointed out that there is the problem if they are defined only in crt0.o .
Thus, I suggest them to move into libc.

I (and Makoto) want to know whether there is the special reason why
dl* functions have to be defined in crt0.o.  If there is no such reason,
and if there seems no problem in my patch, then I wish someone to commit
my patch to the NetBSD repository.

Takuya SHIOZAKI - Chair of IMOU.
The I18n/M17n project On Unix environments (IMOU), Japan.