Subject: Re: Changes for ns32k to get cross-linking working
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@sun510.nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@paclink.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/22/2000 21:22:07
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@sun510.nas.nasa.gov>

> I have been hacking on getting ld.old to cross-link for all architectures.
> I discovered no one has ever tried this for ns32k. :-)
>
> Below are the changes I had to make to get it to work. Do they seem
> reasonable (I don't have hardware to test, I just made sure the new ld
> linked, and that the relocations looked right)?

[ diffs snipped... ]

Well, I thought someone on port-pc532 that was much better versed
in the tool chain might respond, but here's my best guess.  It it
looks like it will work, and it's close to the changes necessary
on both a m68k and i386, then chances are very good that it will
work.  At least that's been the case every time I've tried to hack
the tool chain.

Second, I believe there is a pc532 in the build lab, and if that
doesn't work, I'll try to set you up on my box.  (It gets a dynamic
IP address, so some near real time coordination of time and place
will need to take place.)

Jon