Subject: Re: $STRIP or $STRIPPROG (Re: CVS commit: sharesrc)
To: None <>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/18/2000 21:00:58
In <> wrote:

> I think Makefiles in the suerland portion of the tree are supposed to
> use STRIPPROG, since it's defined in  For the kernel
> Makefiles, I supppose we should change all the instances of STRIP to
> STRIPPROG for consistency, and also so we can have a single variable
> to override in mk.conf.

I agree. I will change STRIP in the kernel Makefiles to STRIPPROG,
but there is a related problem.

The kernel Makefiles set "STRIPFLAGS=-d", but -d is only supported
by the old Berkeley strip and our in-tree GNU strip. Now all ports
use GNU binutils strip so I think it is OK to change STRIPFLAGS
in the kernel Makefiles to -g for cross-compiling.

Izumi Tsutsui