Subject: Re: Current Doesn't Build on Sparc
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/13/1999 11:55:56
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Curt Sampson wrote:

: Anybody know what's going on here? Could it be that my linker is
: too old or something like that? The machine I'm building on is
: using a snapshot several months old.

I ran into this before on i386.  Are you *positive* that libhack provides
everything that the executable needs?  In other words, try manually linking
with "ld -o foo *.o ../path/libhack.o" and look carefully at the list of
undefined symbols vs. what gethnamaddr.o (from libc) supplies.  I think
there's one or two that libhack actually doesn't do.

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)