Subject: libbfd support for all platforms?
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/21/1999 22:22:35
I've recently been doing builds.  My sources are NFS hosted on my Alpha
while I'd do builds over NFS for arm32, vax, etc.

As times, it would have been nice to execute a make install for the
other platforms by running the make install on the Alpha.  But libbfd
only includes the targets for the native platform so strip, etc. can't
work.

I was wondering if it makes sense to build libbfd with support for all
the NetBSD architectures/formats.  It would also help in the cross
compilation efforts.