Subject: Re: gas.new and m68k
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@ira.uka.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/22/1999 01:04:28
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> writes:

> On Fri, 21 May 1999 23:18:51 +0200 (CEST) Krister Walfridsson
> <cato@df.lth.se> wrote:

>> I'm planning to get gas.new working on m68k. Just want to make
>> sure noone already has started to do the work already. I _hate_
>> duplicating work...

> Klaus has it working for ELF, but not a.out, I think.  It uses
> a different syntax for ELF, to match the SVR4 conventions.

gas.new can actually handle both MIT and Motorola interchangeably on a
per-operand basis, so that part of the syntax issue (unlike prefixing
registers with a `%' character) boils down to a simple matter of
style; as for having it working for ELF but not a.out, that's the
state of affairs as far as I'm concerned.