Subject: Re: gas.new and m68k
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/21/1999 18:10:46
On Fri, 21 May 1999, Christos Zoulas wrote:

: Since we are going to move to ELF, and ld.new still does not work for a.out
: executables on the i386 or the sparc, I would think that more useful work is
: to:
: 	- make ELF work on the arm or vax

ELF does work on ARM in later snapshots of binutils.  Lunix's ARM uses ELF.

: 	- fix the toolchain problems on the sparc64

This probably isn't Krister's department - it's more along the lines of
Eduardo's, Matt's, and mine.

However, if Krister has enough done to a.out ld.new, it is most certainly
beneficial to have such available for cross-compiling.