Subject: Re: xsrc make
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: John Darrow <John.P.Darrow@wheaton.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/06/1999 16:14:18
> On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 09:32:06PM -0500, John Darrow wrote:
> > In article <19990405210313.D28342@jocelyn.rhein.de> you write:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >does make install in xsrc obey the NetBSD "DESTDIR" semantics?
> > >
> > >	-is
> >
> > I don't believe it does.  This was one of the many things I addressed in
> > pr misc/7089, which has been sitting open for about a month now.
>
> Yeah. You mixed in secr stuff, which makes it potentially untouchable for
> anybody but US residents in the US of A (and maybe Canadians).
>
> [I know, not itself... but I am not allowed to extract a source tree where
> the diff would cleanly apply, as far as I can guess.]
>
> However, I'll try to extract your xsrc DESTDIR part and convince releng to
> accept it.
>
> 	-is

AFAIK, the only piece of the diff which actually changed something within
'domestic' was a diff to the domestic top-level Makefile which removed
a now-unnecessary piece of a conditional.

Anyway, if you could hold off until tomorrow, I'm currently in the process
of updating my source tree to 1.4_ALPHA, and as soon as that's done, I'm
going to roll a new set of diffs.  I'll go ahead and put one up which
doesn't include domestic/Makefile.

The patches, as always, are available from:

ftp://ftp.wheaton.edu/pub/jdarrow/

jdarrow

--
John Darrow
Computing Services, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL