Subject: Bug-fixes for ecgs 1.1.1 on mips
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org, tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/28/1999 14:30:03
Rev 1.76 of the egcs expr.c breaks on mips: it result in addresses
that aren't valid. I klusged around that by using some mips-specific
backend code, but there is (apparently) an MI bug in expr.c rev 1.76
which shows on mips but not elsewhere.

Hans-Peter Nilsson just cc'ed me a couple of suggested fixes, one
for the egcs-1.1.2 release branch and another for the EGCS head.

I've put them in
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/egcs-fix-1
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/egcs-fix-2
respectively.

I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look and see which, if
either, would be better for our 1.4 release than the kludge we're
currently using.