Subject: etc/Makefile: snapshots in release(7) format
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/04/1999 19:05:11
I've done a bunch of hacking on etc/Makefile so that `make snapshot'
will now produce output in ${RELEASEDIR} in release(7) format. This
clears out almost everything from the etc.MACHINE/Makefile.inc
files, because you now just set an EXTRA_KERNELS variable to a list
of the kernel configs that need to be build for the release.

However, portmasters, or anybody with non-i386 machines, actually,
should go and try a `make snapshot' (after having done a `make
build', of course, and you'll probably want to set INSTALL_DONE
first) to make sure it really does build the correct stuff. Problems
can be posted here, referred to me, or send-pr'd.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org