Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/17/1998 15:56:27
On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

:  > Modified Files:
:  > 	src/gnu/usr.bin/ Makefile ldemul-list.h
:  > Log Message:
:  > - install ldscripts into /usr/libdata/ldscripts.
: ...shouldn't this be /usr/share/ldscripts?  They are MI.

Well, if we want to have it generate all ldscripts no matter what platform
you're on.  You don't want to make /usr/share divergent.

Just like gcc specs, however, they do not _need_ to be installed.  (They are
also compiled into the ld binary.)  I wonder why they are being installed

If you're willing to suggest that we install gcc specs too, Matt, then I'll
just ignore this and go on my merry way.  :)

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.