Subject: Re: pkg-src build problems.
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Matt Knopp <mhat@fundsxpress.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/10/1998 20:10:42
    Todd> That's what -I is for, and there was a very, very long
    Todd> thread about why NetBSD's compiler does not search
    Todd> /usr/local/include by default.  Now that we have a pkgsrc
    Todd> system, the reasoning is twofold: we don't want to pick up
    Todd> stuff unintentionally in /usr/local to compile pkgs.

This is fine and all, but I expect configure scripts in /usr/pkgsrc/ to
do the right thing and look in /usr/pkg/{lib|include} for various things,
but this seems to not be the case. Unless I am doing something wrong,
and generaly I assume that `./configure ; make ; make install` to be a
reasonable set.

-Matt