Subject: Re: expr.c: large structure problems
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/26/1998 22:31:09
On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

: It turns out that egcs 1.1 really _does_ misbehave on native
: netbsd/mips boxes exactly as Castor Fu described.  (I had an old
: libcc1 sharedlib from an earlier netbsd egcs import still installed).

: Castor's suggestion, to back out the delta from expr.c, also fixes
: the problem for me on a Decstation 5000/150 (r4000 mipsel).

Q:  Was this on static compiled code, -fpic code, or -fPIC code?  (I'm
asking a "one of three" question - -fpic and -fPIC are not the same.)