Subject: Re: 14-Sep Toolchain Update
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/17/1998 21:45:19
On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 10:05:09AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> - m68k: Not retested after the vfprintf.c codegen bug was fixed.  Will do
>   regressions once libc is compilable again.

I'll of course try this out again, when libc has stabilized.

However, I have observed another problem that I never got around to report:
On my mac68k, several problems (diff and cpp) went into a cpu-bound loop if
a egcs 1.1-built libgnumalloc.so was active, but reinstalling a previous
version got them working again.

One reason that I never got to report this, is that I don't know whether it
is an optimization problem or something else.

Furthermore I have previously reported a problem, where a few files (sd.c in
the kernel, and ifconfig.c) would cause warnings about alignments greater
that supported were requested, but were reset to 2. If disabling Werror,
the object files seem to be working, however. I'll also check whether this
problem still persists.

Other than I've been running with an egcs-built kernel and userland since
Todd's previous status report a few weeks ago.

- Erik Bertelsen