Subject: Re: EGCS 1.1 UPDATE rev. 2
To: Tsubai Masanari <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/18/1998 09:22:13
On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Tsubai Masanari wrote:

: On PowerPC platform,
: * In GCC, MACHINE_GNU_ARCH should not be "powerpc" but "rs6000".

Yuck.  I don't like the way this was set up in gcc, but I can fix it easily
enough.  Every other GNU pkg in the world expects "powerpc" for NetBSD/*ppc. :)

: At line 889 and 970, gen_save_stack_function and gen_save_stack_fuction are
: used as "rtx (*) PROTO ((rtx, rtx))", but they are defined as
: extern rtx gen_save_stack_function           PROTO((void));
: extern rtx gen_restore_stack_function        PROTO((void));
: in {insn-flags.h, insn-emit.c}.
: Except for them, it seems to work.  I'm using a kernel built by egcs-1.1 now.

Barf.  I'll look at these - thanks!  Please also rebuild libgcc and install
it and let me know if it has any compile errors.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.