Subject: Re: a.out ld.so problems
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/28/1998 22:57:28
On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:

> : One other reason is that gas-2.x outputs this kind of relocs.
>
> Is that fixable?  The assembler needs to cope, and produce code compatible
> with an old ld.so too.

It's not too hard to fix. The reason I haven't done it is that I thought
the SEGV in my programs was due to a bug in our present ld, and that it
would go away when I had ported the new... (one other solution is to
leave gas as it is, and let ld transform the relocation to something
our old ld.so understands. But it is probably not worth the effort...)

   /Krister