To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/26/1998 17:59:04
On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

: and find _one_ place to fixup the arch/mips subdir walk

I will be using ${MACHINE_ARCH:C/^mipse[bl]$/mips/} as per Jason's
suggestion.  It even retains compatibility with old make binaries.

: and makeflist,

No need to hack this - it's a hack to begin with, and can just use more than
one file.  If /you/ want just one file for "ad.mips", there are shell
substitutions for that.  However, the big use for ad.* (comp set, includes)
may become moot if we choose to ship all MD headers in the comp set.

: I dont quite see how to do that with ONLY_FOR_ARCHES, at least not more
: than once more than once per Makefile, but maybe I'm thick.

With the changes I'm about to put in, this works as you'd expect.  If you
don't want the wildcard behavior, you don't have to use it.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.