Subject: Re: gdb and --write
To: None <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <gwr@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/24/1998 11:16:23
> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 15:09:46 +0200
> From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
>
> Hi,
> Actually, the --write option is a local NetBSD change. Should this
> change be forwarded (along with the documentation update) to the gdb
> mainatiners, or should we just deprecate the '--write' option for 1.4,
> with a message telling to use 'set write' instead (a la '-k') ?

Sure, but it probably will not make a difference.

I worked more than a week to prepare a large set of changes,
each set with its own individual explanation, and sent them
all to the cygnus folks when asked (before gdb-4.17) and the
whole batch has aparently been ignored.  Very disappointing!

I see no point in sending changes if they are ignored.

Gordon