Subject: building we have met the enemy
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/06/1998 16:06:02
About this "problem" building

It has its own malloc, but not its own calloc.  And it does call

Normally the C library is built with calloc as a separate file,
however, at some point I merged it into a unified malloc.c.  But
naturally, the calloc therein calls the malloc therein.

So, when building, to resolve calloc the linker pulled in the
whole malloc from the C library.  But this conflicted with the internal
malloc in

The situtation was solved by simply giving its own calloc.

I've pounced catlike onto several problems in my time, and only a _few_
of them turned out to be myself....

--Jim Howard  <>

Date: 06-Jun-98
Time: 16:06:03