Subject: RE: building
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/05/1998 14:38:02
On 05-Jun-98 wrote:

> However, the NetBSD-current /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/ld/rtld/Makefile hack
> does suggest a possible way to do this.  It uses a "recursive make" to
> get the libc source directory in which to find libc_pic.a.  One could
> leverage that hack to either build a different version of libc, or to
> build just the files from libc that needs.

And of course, a much simpler approach would simply be, to figure out
which source files from libc are required and list them explicitly in
the SRCS variable.  You just add the appropriate lib/libc subdirectories
to your .PATH, then.  The gnu/usr.bin/ld/rtld/Makefile already does
this for vfprintf.c, oddly enough.

Even I could do that one, but it's a considerable nuisance tracking
down the required files.

--Jim Howard  <>

Date: 05-Jun-98
Time: 14:38:02