Subject: addition for MACHINE_GNU_ARCH
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/21/1998 22:01:01
Seeing that we already have one platform whose name doesn't agree with its
GNU name (arm32 -> arm), and that we may get more, I'd like to add an
.if-generated variable in <bsd.own.mk> called MACHINE_GNU_ARCH.  This
variable would be the translation of MACHINE_ARCH into the appropriate GNU
name for use with things like egcs, binutils, and GNU pkgs.

Any oobjections to such?  If added, it will be added to both the -current
and pkg <bsd.own.mk> files.  Additionally, the <bsd.pkg.mk> file would
inherit the following CONFIGURE_ARGS+= in the case that GNU_CONFIGURE is
defined:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--host=${MACHINE_GNU_ARCH}-netbsd