Subject: Re: kill libg++ now?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/12/1998 07:22:40
On Mon, 11 May 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

: Given we're trying to migrate to egcs, and that we have a libg++ package,
: is there any reason to keep the old libg++ in our tree?  Nothing uses it,
: and it'd be nice to nuke it so that it's possible to build binary snapshots
: with egcs.
:
: If I don't get any objections on this by Wednesday, I'm going to Just Do It.

The libg++ pkg depends on egcs and libstdc++ v1 (the GNU libstdc++ 2.8).
Though nothing in _our_ tree uses it, I wouldn't think nuking it would be a
good thing without asking users first -- until all platforms are on egcs by
default.