Subject: Re: Patches to make the tree cross-compilable
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/16/1998 15:47:06
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > Please let me know what you think of (is wrong with :-) these patches.
>
> Did you check that the src/distrib/utils tree still compiles? The
> sh compiled with -DSMALL under there is a bit fragile.

Not specifically. My main test was a make build. Though I think it'd be
fine. My sh patches are to the Makefile, and are:

+mkinit: mkinit.c
+       ${HOST_CC} -o mkinit ${.CURDIR}/mkinit.c
+
+mknodes: mknodes.c
+       ${HOST_CC} -o mknodes ${.CURDIR}/mknodes.c
+
+mksyntax: mksyntax.c
+       ${HOST_CC} -o mksyntax ${.CURDIR}/mksyntax.c
+

Except for making a README file, two files which got left out and I
mention below, and patches to bsd.lib.mk, all of my changes are to
Makefiles. No source got changed. :-)

So I'd hope the -DSMALL version'd still be fine. Maybe I should start
compiling distribution sets too. :-)

Take care,

Bill